Saturday, November 21, 2009

Mollie's New "Mom Jeans"

I did my first refashion! If you read a lot of sewing blogs (I didn't until a few weeks ago)you've probably seen that "refashioning" your clothes is really popular. It's just taking one piece of clothing, usually something that doesn't fit anymore or you just don't like, and altering it into a totally different piece. I wrote in my last post that I wanted to make Mollie some jeans. Then I saw a tutorial for how to refashion your jeans into baby jeans! It was so easy! I just folded a pair of Mollie's pants in half lengthwise, pinned them to the bottum outside edge of a pair of my old jeans, cut around them, and sewed them together. The reason that it's so easy is you don't have to sew the side seams or the hem on the bottum of the legs because you just use the seams from your pants. It was pretty cool how well they turned out. Here is the tutorial I saw it on in case you want to do it. I think anyone with a baby or toddler, and a sewing machine, could do it!

1 comment:

  1. Love those jeans! And what a clever idea! And Mollie is a lucky little girl that her mama is sewing for her!!

    ReplyDelete