Last weekend a friend from church got married, so I spent the week before making a dress to wear to it. I'd been wanting to make a dress for myself for a while so this was the perfect occasion! I bought a pattern from Simplicity's "Project Runway" line, which lets you mix and match pattern pieces to make 9 or 10 different dresses with different kinds of skirts, sleeves, necklines, and accents. It was pretty easy sewing-wise, the hardest part was adjusting it a little bit so that it would fit me right. Since I am planning on making more dresses, Stu and I started making a duct tape dress form. You saran wrap and duct tape around your body, stuff it with newspaper and mount it. It will be pretty cool to have a dress form that is exactly my size!
I had leftover fabric so I decided to make Mollie a dress too. I wanted to make it kindof like a mini kid-version of my dress! So I gave it the same kindof pleat that is in the front of my dress, and made a little bow similar to the one on mine. Hopefully you'll be able to tell from these pictures. The fabric is black with tiny white polkadots all over it, but it came out kindof wierd in the pictures.