Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mini Vacation

On the day after Stu got home from the slope, which was my birthday, Stu suprised me with a two night trip to Alyeska for the two of us while Mollie stayed with my parents. It was so much fun and so relaxing! We ate at the Double Musky, a well known restaurant in Girdwood, relaxed and watched movies in our room, had a couples massage, swam in the pool, took the tram up to the top of the mountain where we ate at the Seven Glaciers. Here is the view from the top of the mountain...


..and the view from our table at Seven Glaciers. We went for a late lunch and almost had the whole restaurant to ourselves.

Stu's scallop bisque..


Our "artesian cheese platter"..


The cheese came with fresh honeycomb, which is something I've wanted to try for a long time..


My king crab mac & cheese...


Stu's steak.. I can't remember what it was called, but it is supposed to be the U.S. version of Kobe beef.

3 comments:

  1. Perry and I stayed there last year for our 24th anniversary. We also took the tram, but the restaurant was closed. Gorgeous view in the fall and the winter! Isn't the lobby just beautiful with the bear scene toward the ceiling? I'm so glad you had a nice get-away. And I'm sure Granny and Papa had a wonderful time as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It sounds like you guys had a great time. Maybe I'll show this to Bill, just to give him some ideas!

    ReplyDelete