Sunday, March 20, 2011

Quilted Taggie Blanket

Every so often, I am able to work on a craft project while Mollie is awake! Today was one of those times. I made my first "taggie" blanket last year for a new baby at church, I blogged about it HERE. I knew I wanted to make one for our new baby and have been daydreaming about the fabrics I wanted to use for a while. I knew I had a lot of pretty girly fabric and ribbon in my "stash", and was able to make this whole project with things I had on hand, I love when that happens! The gingham and floral fabrics on the front are flannel...



..and the back is this really soft, furry fabric, I'm not sure what it's called.


When I was almost done, I decided to sew these diagonal lines through the squares to keep the two sides together better. This is the closest thing to quilting that I've ever done, but I see more in my future!





I've seen lots of taggie blankets in blogland, but never a quilted one. I was sure someone had made something similar, so when I was done, I searched google images for "quilted taggie blanket" and sure enough there were a lot of blanket similar to this one! There are also a lot of "taggie blankets" for sale on Etsy, which I think is funny, but kindof wrong, because there is an actual company called Taggie that has a trademark for this type of blanket.


This is a really easy project and I'm sure you could figure it out, but if you're looking for a tutorial, just search "taggie blanket tutorial".

No comments:

Post a Comment