Sunday, February 7, 2010

January Dress

Here is the dress I made for January. I used the same pattern as this dress, but used a different neckline, added sleeves, and the tabs with the buttons around the waste. I also cut the pattern down a size so I didn't have to make any alterations like I did with the last one! And lastly, I made it "petite" by taking out about an inch out of the length of both the bodice and the skirt.
I have been wanting to post this dress for a while but I wanted to get a close up of the fabric because in the picture above it kindof looks like it's just blue with polka dots but closeup you can see that it has a cool pattern, kindof retro.

4 comments:

  1. Okay- I love that dress and the fabric! It looks great on you, very flattering! What pattern did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caitlin,
    You and Mollie look so pretty in those dresses.
    I like the fabric and especially the buttons on your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a cute dress! I am impressed that you are already modifying the patterns to fit you better. What a wonderful skill to have!

    On a side note, if you could tell me how to modify my blog so that it will show the newest posts of my blogger friends, I'd love it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! The pattern is Simplicity 2588. I think it's a great pattern because there are SOO many possible variations!

    ReplyDelete